Game Set-up, Play, Scoring and Optional Rules
Poles should be installed upright and level at a distance of 30 feet apart.
There are different options for the way the game can be played.
This game with 2 or 4 players makes for an uncomplicated fast moving game.
- Play is to 11 points, must win by 2 points.
- Players take turns throwing the disc, trying to knock the bottle or other target off the opponent's pole.
- Players must stay behind their pole (which creates an invisible "goal tending" and "fault" line during defense and offense.
- Players must wait for the disc to pass the bottle and pole before attempting to catch.
- No points are awarded for shots that bounce off the ground and hit the pole or target.
Optional Rules for Play and Scoring
- Points are awarded when the disc strikes the target or pole and knocks the target to the ground.
- The players have the opportunity to catch the target (bottle, cup, can, etc.) before it hits the ground and that can limit the points.
- A disc hitting the target directly (a "dinger") that goes to the ground = 3 points. If the target is caught before it hits the ground only 2 points are awarded.
- A disc hits the pole and causes the target to hit the ground = 2 points. If the target is caught before it hits the ground, no points are awarded.
- If the disc is caught or interfered with before it has passed the pole, 3 points are awarded to the throwing team.
- Flying disc must be caught by the receiving team or 1 point is awarded to the throwing team. This option is best used when 4 players are in the game.
- The throwing team must throw the disc so that it is "catch able".
- "Catch able" is not having to jump up or move more than one step to either side to catch the disc.
- Throws that are outside the "catch able" area are considered a "scratch". No points are awarded and the next player throws.
- Games can be played to a score of 11 or 21.
- At all times a drink must be in one of your hands.
- When playing on concrete or blacktop "bounce" shots can count.
- Hitting and spilling an opponents drink on a nearby table is an automatic loss of 5 points.